Lend A Hand Up is providing this online auction platform to support volunteer efforts to help eligible families experiencing a medical crisis.
In order to sell or bid on items, volunteer/auction hosts and bidders must agree to this user agreement.
There will be no refunds, returns, or exchanges. All products and services sold on the Lend A Hand Up online auction website are sold “as is” by the volunteer/auction host to benefit the named individual/family campaign without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
Volunteers/auction hosts agree and warrant:
1. All proceeds from this silent auction will benefit the named individual/family fund.
2. All content provided and uploaded is accurate and not likely to deceive the sensible audience.
3. No inappropriate, objectionable or illegal items will be listed on this silent auction platform.
4. No knives, explosives, ammunition, firearms, weaponry or accessories will be included on this silent auction platform.
5. Every effort will be made to make items available to the winning bidder in a timely manner.
6. Every effort will be made to verify the age of the person when distributing winning items where local law requires a minimum age.
Bidders agree and warrant:
1. They are at least 18 years of age.
3. They are using their own account or an account which they have been given permission.
4. They are not using a false name, email address, invalid or unauthorized credit card.
5. They will pay said amount for the item if their bid is the highest, winning bid with the knowledge that there are no refunds, returns, or exchanges. *
6. They will arrange pick-up any of any/all items secured through their winning bid with the volunteers hosting this auction, as notified via the email provided at sign-up.
*Payment card information will be captured at the time the bidding account is created. Winning bidders may check out promptly if their bid is the highest per item at the auction closing time and may use the credit/debit card saved in their account. Bidders’ payments are collected by a third-party credit card processor, which is currently Stripe.com, and transferred to the benefit fund for the named individual/family campaign set up by the volunteer/auction host. Bidders’ cards will be charged the amount of the highest bid plus a nominal fee to cover the credit card processing costs.
Bidders and volunteers/auction hosts agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Lend A Hand Up and its employees and affiliates from and against any claim, demand, cost, expense, liability, damage or obligation arising out of or in connection with your use of our online auction website.
Lend A Hand Up will not be liable for faulty, inaccurate or missing products or services, or for any damages or injuries that may be caused by them.